4th Annual Danish Bioinformatics Conference
August 29-30, 2018
SDU, Auditorium 0100
Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense, Denmark
Sessions and talks:
Deep Learning in Bioinformatics
- Machine learning and statistics: Don’t mind the gap.
Thomas Wiecki, Quantopian, US (Keynote)
- Identifying overdiagnosis cases using temporal disease trajectories.
Isabella Jørgensen, University of Copenhagen
- SignalP 5.0: improved signal peptide predictions across the tree of life using deep neural networks.
Jose Juan Almagro Armenteros, Technical University of Denmark, DK
RNA and transcriptomics
- Analysis of transcriptional dynamics with single-cell data.
Peter Kharchenko, Harvard Medical School, US (Keynote)
- Computational discovery of novel classes of bacterial non-coding RNAs.
Zasha Weinberg, Leipzig University, DE
- Cancer, immunotherapy and endogenous retroviral proteins.
Palle Villesen, Aarhus University, DK
- SHARP: Single-Cell RNA-Seq Hyper-Fast and Accurate Processing via Ensemble Random Projection.
Kyoung Jae Won, University of Copenhagen, DK
- Where to start: Rethinking gene annotation of Bacillus subtilis with high-throughput methods.
Adrian Geissler, University of Copenhagen, DK
Complex trait analysis using multi-omics data
- Integrative analysis of omics summary data reveals putative mechanisms underlying complex traits.
Prof. Jian Yang, IMB, University of Queensland, AU (Keynote)
- Host genetics and microbial impact on plasma metabolites and proteomics is linked to the disease risk.
Associate Prof. Jingyuan Fu, Department of Genetics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, NL
- Applying integrative genomic analyses to investigate the genetic signature of variability in drug response in Drosophila melanogaster.
Palle Duun Rohde, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, DK
- Defects in Calcium signalling cause Congenital Heart Disease.
Jose Mg Izarzugaza, Technical University of Denmark, DK
- Strategies for longitudinal highly robust SWATH-MS analysis.
Prof. Robert Moritz, Institute for Systems Biology, US (Keynote)
- Functional and evolutionary impact of inversions in the human genome.
Prof. Mario Caceres, ICREA Research Professor, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, ES (Keynote)
- Heritability estimates in admixed populations from Greenland.
Georgios Athanasiadis, University of Copenhagen, DK
- Modelling genetic influence on familial risk.
Jacob Vb. Hjelmborg, University of Southern Denmark, DK
- Parental age and sex affects mitochondrial DNA copy number in human blood and in Drosophila melanogaster.
Jonas Mengel-From, University of Southern Denmark, DK
- New Danish Computational infrastructures.
Peter Løngreen, The Danish National Genome Center, DK
- Piotr Chmura
Clinical Bioinformatics session
- Clinical applied genetics in the age of polygenic risk scores.
Lasse Folkersen, Region Hovedstaden, DK
Integration of Omics data for molecular and personalized medicine
- Implementing personalized medicine in Denmark: Integration of clinical data and omics analysis pipelines for clinical work and research. Charles Vesteghem and Martin Bøgsted, Aalborg University, DK (Keynote)
- Individual Variations in Plasma Metabolites are Driven by Diet, Genetics and Gut Microbiome.
Lianmin Chen, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Department of Genetics
- Detection of Subpopulations and Drug Resistance Mutations in Cytomegalovirus by Amplicon Sequencing.
Mette Jørgensen, Rigshospitalet, DK
- A Clinical Case of Working with Hepatitis B Virus.
Nina A. H. Madsen, Aalborg University Hospital, DK
- Interdisciplinary exploration of single-cell omics data in stem cells.
Kedar Natarajan, University of Southern Denmark, DK